Healthy Cooking Cookbooks
If cooking healthier in the new year is one of your goals, you’re not alone. Lots of people make resolutions or set forth to make this happen. Of course, you need some tasty recipes to help you stick with it – and that’s where a great cookbook can come in handy.
No matter what kind of healthy eating you want to try – there is sure to be a cookbook to help. From Mediterranean cooking to gluten-free to pescatarian, here are a few books you can take a look at.
- The Complete Mediterranean Cookbook: 500 Vibrant, Kitchen-Tested Recipes for Living and Eating Well Every Day
- You’ll find a wide range of creative dishes here, with more than 500 fresh, flavorful recipes from Italy, Greece, Morocco, Egypt, Turkey, and Lebanon. Many are fast enough to make on a weeknight, using ingredients available at your local supermarket.
- A thorough yet approachable exploration of the entire Mediterranean: A wider, more inclusive approach and incorporated foods from countries all around the Mediterranean Sea, including Turkey, Lebanon, Egypt, and Morocco.
- Relies on ingredients from the supermarket: Standard supermarket ingredients and plentiful ingredient information ensures that the recipes are accessible.
- Detailed ingredient information in “All Abouts”: For larger categories of ingredients, such as salad greens, grains, and fish, we’ve devoted a full-page spread to thoroughly explaining each item individually.
- Nutritionals for every recipe: We include nutritional information for every recipe, and also set specific nutritional guidelines for every category. (For example, every fish recipe will have fewer than 750 calories and fewer than 8.5 grams of saturated fat.)
- Chapters are based on the Mediterranean Diet pyramid: You’ll find large chapters devoted to Beans and to Vegetables, the Seafood Chapter is larger than Poultry and Meat, and the Fruits and Sweets chapter, while shorter, is packed with recipes you can truly feel good eating.
- Recipes include Spiced Baked Rice with Potatoes and Fennel, Tagliatelle with Artichokes and Parmesan, Orzo with Shrimp, Feta, and Lemon, Za’atar-Rubbed Chicken, Greek-Style Braised Pork with Leeks, and Orange Polenta Cake.
- The 30-Minute Gluten-Free Cookbook: 100+ Quick and Simple Recipes for Every Day
- Whether you have a gluten intolerance or you’ve recently decided to cut gluten from your daily diet, making the switch to gluten-free has never been faster, easier, or more delectable. The 30-Minute Gluten-Free Cookbook is the perfect way to start eating smarter and healthier with tons of recipes you can make at home in just minutes.
- From Mexican Chili Corn Pie to Teriyaki Chicken Burgers, this complete gluten-free cookbook takes the guesswork out of being a glutenless gourmet. Discover everything you need to whip up delicious dishes you’ll enjoy. With this all-in-one gluten-free cookbook, you’ll feel great with good food that tastes great too.
- The 30-Minute Gluten-Free Cookbook features:
- 100+ recipes―Learn how to make mouthwatering, gluten-free meals for any occasion in a half an hour or less, including Easy Sloppy Joes and Fresh Peach Cobbler.
- Just the facts―Find nutritional information at a glance as well as if it’s dairy-free, nut-free, soy-free, vegetarian, or vegan.
- Essential extras―Get expert advice inside this gluten-free cookbook like filling your pantry, pro tips for eating out, sample menu suggestions, and more.
- The Truly Healthy Pescatarian Cookbook: 75 Fresh and Delicious Recipes to Maintain a Healthy Weight
- In The Truly Healthy Pescatarian Cookbook, you’ll learn how to support your health goals with deliciously nutritious recipes that make losing weight―and keeping it off―an enriching and fulfilling experience.
- From setting weight loss goals to establishing healthy lifestyle routines, this pescatarian cookbook takes a holistic approach to real, sustainable change. Complete with 75 plant-forward and protein packed recipes, The Truly Healthy Pescatarian Cookbook is your total reference for achieving and maintaining a healthy weight on the pescatarian diet.
- The Truly Healthy Pescatarian Cookbook includes:
- An introduction that explains the basic principles and benefits of the pescatarian diet, and includes helpful FAQ and guidance for pantry prep.
- Weight loss 101 that helps you identify your ideal calorie intake, set personal weight goals, and establish healthy lifestyle routines.
- 75 recipes for breakfasts, soups and salads, vegetarian mains, seafood mains, snacks and sides, and desserts.
- With recipes like Tex-Mex Tempeh Veggie Skillet and Seafood Paella with Sweet Plantains, The Truly Healthy Pescatarian Cookbook is your complete resource to eat healthy meals that make you look and feel great on the pescatarian diet.
- How to Cook Everything Vegetarian: Simple Meatless Recipes for Great Food
- The ultimate one-stop vegetarian cookbook-from the author of the classic How to Cook Everything.
- Hailed as “a more hip Joy of Cooking” by the Washington Post, Mark Bittman’s award-winning book How to Cook Everything has become the bible for a new generation of home cooks, and the series has more than 1 million copies in print. Now, with How to Cook Everything: Vegetarian, Bittman has written the definitive guide to meatless meals-a book that will appeal to everyone who wants to cook simple but delicious meatless dishes, from health-conscious omnivores to passionate vegetarians.
- How to Cook Everything: Vegetarian includes more than 2,000 recipes and variations-far more than any other vegetarian cookbook. As always, Bittman’s recipes are refreshingly straightforward, resolutely unfussy, and unfailingly delicious-producing dishes that home cooks can prepare with ease and serve with confidence. The book covers the whole spectrum of meatless cooking-including salads, soups, eggs and dairy, vegetables and fruit, pasta, grains, legumes, tofu and other meat substitutes, bread, condiments, desserts, and beverages. Special icons identify recipes that can be made in 30 minutes or less and in advance, as well as those that are vegan. Illustrated throughout with handsome line illustrations and brimming with Bittman’s lucid, opinionated advice on everything from selecting vegetables to preparing pad Thai, How to Cook Everything: Vegetarian truly makes meatless cooking more accessible than ever.
- The Easy 5-Ingredient Ketogenic Diet Cookbook: Low-Carb, High-Fat Recipes for Busy People on the Keto Diet
- When life gets busy, sticking to your diet can be hard, but this keto cookbook helps you stay on track with recipes that only require a handful of ingredients to create a complete and satisfying meal. It’s your guide to turning everyday, easy-to-find foods into keto-friendly meals that are full of the healthy fats your body needs to thrive but fast enough to throw together even on the most hectic days.
- This ketogenic cookbook features:
- The basics of keto―Get an overview of the ketogenic diet so you’ll understand what makes these recipes keto, and learn how to count macros and interpret nutritional information.
- Quick meals―Recipes require only 5 main ingredients, not including basic kitchen staples like salt and pepper, and most can be made in less than 30 minutes or in just one pot or pan.
- Customizable options―Use the quick tips for swapping out ingredients to adapt these dishes to your own tastes and health needs.
- Make the ketogenic diet work for you, with a collection of simple recipes you can always find time for.
Check out these cookbooks if you’re looking to make some changes to the way you eat! They’ll help you to start off the new year on the right foot.