Essential Cleaning Tools for Your Home
There are two types of people in this world: those who like to clean and those who do not. Which one are you?
Are you in the group that doesn’t like to clean? Most people are – and they definitely outnumber those who do like to clean. But you do probably recognize the benefits of cleaning, and you most likely love that feeling of satisfaction when it’s done and your apartment looks fantastic.
Of course, before you can even start cleaning, there are a few essential cleaning tools you need. Tools that will make cleaning easier – and, hopefully, quicker.
- Microfiber Cloths: You probably have cloth towels and paper towels ready to wipe up messes, but have you jumped on the microfiber cloth bandwagon? Microfiber cloths last a long time (unlike paper towels). They allow you to clean with water, which can save you from buying unnecessary cleaning products. And they’re super absorbent. You can easily find them in most grocery stores or home improvement stores.
- A Good Vacuum: A good vacuum is a must. You can go with a robot vac that runs while you’re at work. Or, you can get one of those high-suction vacuums that won’t leave even the tiniest crumb behind. But if you’re in the market for a cordless vac that converts to a handheld vac – and has good reviews – take a look at the TinecoA10 Spartan Cordless Vacuum.
- Mop and Bucket: Make sure you’ve got both of these to help keep tile, linoleum, and hardwood floors clean. Additionally, a bucket is a good item to have – just in case!
- Broom and Dustpan: Does your floor just need a quick spot cleaning? Did you drop something that you need to get up off the kitchen floor? Then grab the broom and dustpan!
- Rubber Gloves: If you don’t love cleaning, you probably avoid some of the dirtier spots in your home? (Think toilets! Yuck!) That’s why it is good to have a pair of rubber gloves. They can provide you with a barrier between the dirt and grime you may not want to touch. Additionally, if you need to use strong cleaning products, they can protect your hands.
- Toilet Brush and Holder: Yes, it needs to be cleaned. Get a toilet brush and holder, and you will be good to go!
- Squeegee: Why on earth would you need a squeegee? Well, a squeegee is perfect for cleaning windows, mirrors, and glass shower doors.
- Lint Roller: A lint roller is fantastic for your clothes, but it’s great for furniture, pillows, and other surfaces. It’s excellent if you happen to break a glass, as it can help you get up the tiny shards. And, if you have fabric lampshades, they are notorious dust magnets. Run your lint roller up and down the shade to grab all of that dust.
- An Extension Dusting Kit: Trying to get the dust off those blinds? Or, how about off of the ceiling fan? Then you need an extension dusting kit. They’re great for getting to those hard-to-reach places.
- Scrub Brush: Invest in a good scrub brush or two. They’re great for scrubbing hard water stains or spills on the carpet.
- Sponges and Magic Erasers: And don’t forget to have a few sponges and Magic Erasers. Magic Erasers are just that – MAGIC! You won’t believe how well they can remove scuff marks on walls and floors!
Are you armed with these essential cleaning tools when you need to do housework? Do you use something that didn’t make this list? Be sure to share – because we could all use a little help when it comes to cleaning.