Decorating Your Master Bedroom
Whether you’ve just moved into your apartment or you’re considering doing a bedroom makeover, there’s a lot to consider when it comes to decorating this important room in your home. You don’t want it to look like a bunch of random pieces of furniture thrown into a room. You want it to reflect your personal style.
If you’re ready to get started, here are some of the key areas to consider when you start your bedroom makeover.
- Mattress: You might think that creating your perfect bedroom is all about making things look nice, but making sure you get a good night’s sleep should be the priority. If you haven’t been sleeping well or have an extremely old mattress, it may be time for a new one. There are lots of choices out there – so do some research to find what fits your sleep habits the best.
- Furniture: Once you’ve got a great mattress, take a look at your furniture. Are you happy with what you have or is your bedroom comprised of a bunch of mismatched pieces that don’t reflect your style?
- You definitely want to have a bed frame and headboard. Keep in mind that a headboard doesn’t necessarily have to attach to your bed, but should draw your attention to this area as it’s a natural spot for artwork or decor.
- Nightstands are essential, and you’ll probably need a dresser or two. You can always head to your favorite furniture store and buy a complete bedroom set, but if you don’t love the matchy-matchy look, take some time to find the pieces you like.
- Bedding: Sheets, pillows, blankets, and a duvet should be on your list of bedroom essentials. High-quality bedding may cost you a little more on the front-side, but you will find that they probably last longer than less expensive options.
- A duvet is an excellent choice for bedding as the cover can easily be washed when needed. Additionally, you can swap duvet covers to change the look of your bedroom quite quickly – which is fantastic if you find you’re often looking to change up your look!
- Lighting: Lots of bedrooms only have an overhead ceiling light (that is very bright) and no additional lighting. This is why you need to purchase some lamps. Your nightstand is an ideal spot for a lamp – especially if you like to read in bed. If you have another seating area in your bedroom, you might consider a floor lamp, too.
- Wall Art: No room is complete without some decorations on the walls. Whether you like framed photographs, paintings, or metal wall sculptures – be sure to find some great art to add to your room.
- Comfortable Chair: If you have the space, you want to consider a comfortable chair. A chair in your bedroom is great for reading, tying your shoes, or just catching your clothes at the end of a busy day.
- Throw Pillows and Blanket: To create a more luxurious looking bedroom, add some throw pillows and a blanket to your bedding. You can pick up some inexpensive throw pillows and easily change their covers to create different looks seasonally. And an extra blanket never hurts!
- Plants: The last thing to consider buying are some plants. If you have a green thumb, real plants are fantastic, but if you lead a busy life and may not have time to care for real plants, there are some beautiful faux plants available.
Decorating your bedroom can be a fun project! Be sure to focus on these areas to create a room that provides you a restful night’s sleep and is gorgeous to look at!