Macaroni and Cheese Recipes to Celebrate National Mac & Cheese Day
Pasta and cheese sauce is a match made in heaven – which is precisely why macaroni and cheese is so delicious! Kids love it! Adults love it! Everyone loves it!
But if your idea of macaroni and cheese is made with that small box of pasta and some orange cheese powder – it may be time to step up your game. Macaroni and cheese can be so much better than that when you make it from scratch.
There are so many different ways to make mac and cheese, and there are tons of things you can add to it to enhance the flavor – so why not pick one of these recipes and give it a try? After all, July 14th is National Mac and Cheese Day!
- The Best Homemade Baked Mac and Cheese: Everyone needs a good basic macaroni and cheese recipe, and this one will not disappoint. With lots of freshly shredded cheese, heavy whipping cream, whole milk, and butter – this is creamy beyond belief. When you bake it in the oven, the flavors will develop even more, and the panko bread crumbs on top provide just the right amount of crunch. If you’re not a fan of panko, crush up some potato chips or cheddar crackers to put on top.
- Creamy Crockpot Macaroni and Cheese: If you want to keep the mess to a minimum when you make your mac and cheese, then use your slow cooker. With this recipe, you will cook your pasta right in your crockpot with the milk, cheese, and seasonings. Don’t be afraid to add the dash of cayenne pepper as you won’t really taste it, but it does enhance the flavor.
- The Best Stovetop Mac and Cheese: Another way to make your mac and cheese is to do it all on the stovetop. This recipe is great because it’s ready in 20 minutes – which means it’s ideal for busy weeknights.
- Vegan Mac and Cheese: If you’re vegan, you’ll love this recipe from Chocolate Covered Katie. The cashews add the creaminess you want, and Katie swears that even her non-vegan friends love this recipe.
- 4-Cheese Caprese Mac and Cheese: This dish is a big step up from your basic macaroni and cheese recipe. First, it’s got not one, not two, but four different kinds of cheese in it! Then you have the addition of pesto, tomatoes, and fresh basil! It’s a taste explosion!!! Definitely a dressed-up version.
- Lobster Mac and Cheese: You can count on Ina Garten to take mac and cheese to the next level with this Lobster Mac and Cheese. It’s extra rich with the addition of 1 ½ pounds of cooked lobster meat. Yum!
- Macaroni and Cheese with Bacon Gratin: If you want to make mac and cheese better, there is one sure-fire way – add bacon! This recipe has three different types of cheese and six slices of bacon, but we won’t tell if you add more.
- Jalapeno Popper Mac and Cheese: Jalapeno poppers are popular bar food, and this recipe brings those great flavors to mac and cheese. Cream cheese, bacon, and jalapenos added to a rich and creamy mac and cheese will make you realize you’ve got the best of both worlds in one dish.
- Greek Macaroni and Cheese: Do you love the saltiness of feta cheese and the spices associated with Greek cuisine? Then try this recipe! It’s like bringing a little Greek cafe to your kitchen!
You may not think about making macaroni and cheese in the summertime, but you should. Let National Mac and Cheese Day on July 14th and these recipes inspire you!