It’s Time to Spring Clean These Things
What do you love to do when spring comes around? Do you head outdoors for some fresh air or to hit the hiking trails? Do you go to the nursery to get some flowers for your patio or balcony? Do you take the kids to the park to fly a kite? Or, just maybe, you do a little spring cleaning?
It may seem a little cliché to do spring cleaning, but it’s really a great time of year to do it. You can open the windows, let in the fresh air, and clean a few things that you may have neglected during the winter months – like these places!
- Windows: You probably had the shades drawn during the winter, but now you might want to open them and let in some light. This means it’s time to give your windows a cleaning. Happy DIY Home shares their tips to clean your windows – so you can let the sunlight shine through!
- Microwave: Do you use your microwave often? Heating up leftovers? Making popcorn? And if you spill something in the microwave – or experience one of those microwave “explosions” – do you just shut the door and walk away? You’re not alone! So, give it a good once over this spring! Today shows you how to clean your microwave with vinegar – and it’s really easy to do!
- Garbage Disposal: Yes, it’s the garbage disposal, but it still deserves a little spring cleaning love – especially if you find it’s emitting a foul smell. This Old House shares their recommended way for cleaning your disposal – and you’ll love the fresh citrus scent the lemon peels give off.
- Refrigerator: When was the last time that you pulled everything out of your frig and cleaned it from top to bottom? Can’t remember? Now is the time! Epicurious has a great article entitled “How to Clean Your Fridge the Right Way” that will help you from start to finish.
- Kitchen Cabinets: Bob Vila shares the do’s and don’ts of cleaning your kitchen cabinets – which you may not have done since you moved in!
- Oven: The oven is sort of like the microwave – when things get spilled inside of it, you might just shut the door and walk away. But if you don’t give it some attention, the food that’s spilled will burn and start to affect the flavor of the foods you’re cooking. Cooking Light shares expert advice on how to clean this appliance.
- Junk Drawer: Ah, the notorious junk drawer! That drawer where you put everything – especially when you don’t know where to put it! Why not organize it and make it look a bit less messy? HGTV shares their best tips for “de-junking” the junk drawer.
- Lamps: Lamps and lampshades are dust magnets – and this can diminish the amount of light they give off. If you want to give them a good cleaning this spring, use the tips that Clean Organized Family Home has for you.
- Bedding: Your sheets and pillowcases probably hit the washer and dryer regularly, but what about quilts and comforters? HowStuffWorks has some advice to clean your bedding – and even your mattress and box spring.
- Closets: Who doesn’t keep shoving things in their closet and shutting the door? But after a while, you run out of space, and then the closet is practically unusable. Organize it this spring using Real Simple’s tips, and it won’t take you long at all!
Spring is all about fresh starts! So, why not clean some of these spots around your home? You’ll love the way your apartment looks when you’re done!