10 Recipes with Chocolate Chips for National Chocolate Chip Day
It’s time to celebrate if you’re a chocolate lover! Why? Because May 15th is National Chocolate Chip Day!
These little pieces of chocolate were actually created by accident in 1937. That’s the year that Ruth Wakefield made chocolate chip cookies at the Tollhouse Inn by adding cut up pieces of a Nestle chocolate bar.
Then, in 1941, Nestle began selling chocolate in what we know as “chip” or “morsel” form.
Nowadays, chocolate chips are used in lots of recipes! And, in honor of National Chocolate Chip Day – here are a few you can try!
- One Bowl Chocolate Chip Banana Bread: Who doesn’t love a good one-bowl recipe? After all, it means fewer dishes to do! This recipe from Tasty uses mini chocolate chips (but if you don’t have any on hand – it won’t really matter – the normal-sized chocolate chips will work just fine) and is the perfect way to use up those ripe bananas.
- Chocolate Chip Cheesecake: Are you a cheesecake lover? Then you’re going to want to make this Chocolate Chip Cheesecake! It has a delicious Oreo crust to add to the chocolaty goodness and plenty of chocolate chips throughout the filling.
- Homemade Chocolate Chip Brownies: You won’t be using boxed brownie mix anymore after you make this recipe! The chocolate chips are a great add-in, and the brownies have all of that gooey, chocolate flavor you expect in a brownie!
- Original Tollhouse Pie: What if you could make a big chocolate chip cookie in the form of a pie – would you do it? You can when you make this! This Original Tollhouse Pie is so delicious – and perfect when you’re having guests, but don’t want to serve chocolate chip cookies! (And don’t worry about making a homemade pie crust! Pick up a premade crust from the grocery store to save a little time!)
- Chocolate Chip Dessert Pizza: This is a fun recipe and makes for a great dessert if you have pizza night at your place – because it continues right along with the theme! If you want to get your kids in the kitchen, let them help assemble this dessert pizza.
- Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Dip: Get the family together for a game night or movie night, and then make this Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Dip! You can use it to dip vanilla wafers, animal crackers, or broken ice cream cones – or whatever sweet treat you like!
- Chocolate Chip Biscotti: Italian biscotti is the perfect accompaniment to a hot cup of coffee or tea. They are crispy – making them perfect for dunking – and this recipe has the ideal amount of sweetness. They also make for great gifts!
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Sweet Rolls: Sweet rolls make everyone happy, but if you’re tired of the typical cinnamon version, you should give this one a go! The dough is soft and pillowy, and the cream cheese icing is YUMMY!
- 5 Ingredient Peanut Butter Energy Bites: It’s always a good idea to have some healthy grab-n-go snacks around, and these energy bites are not only healthy but delicious, too! You might want to make a double batch as they won’t last long!
While you don’t have to wait for National Chocolate Chip Day to roll around to make these recipes, it certainly does give you an excellent reason to try one of these recipes! Which one do you want to make?