Indulge With These Cheesecake Recipes
Hedy Lamarr once said, “Because you don’t live near a bakery doesn’t mean you have to go without cheesecake.”
And she was right! While cheesecake may be one of those desserts that you seem only to order when you’re out to eat or go to your local bakery to pick up a slice, it doesn’t have to be that way! You can make cheesecake at home!
Cheesecake can be found all over the world, goes all the way back to the times of Ancient Greece – and is loved by many. If you’re ready to get in the kitchen and make a cheesecake, here are some recipes to get you started!
- New York-Style Cheesecake: This may be the quintessential cheesecake, at least for Americans. It’s rich, creamy, and delicious – and you can top it with the fruit of your choice – should you so desire! And yes, it does bake in a water bath, but it’s what gives a New York-Style Cheesecake its signature texture!
- Perfect No-Bake Cheesecake: Don’t want to be bothered with a water bath or turning on your oven? Then Sally’s Baking Addiction has a delicious no-bake cheesecake that’s going to make you happy! This no-bake version tends to be lighter than the traditional cheesecake you bake in the oven, but it still has all the creaminess you love.
- Totoro Cheesecake: You’ve probably seen the pictures on Instagram and Facebook of Tortoro Cheesecake, also known as Japanese Cheesecake. It’s the super fluffy cheesecake that often has a little bit of jiggle to it – and yes, you can make it at home. It has a few different ingredients that you don’t find in traditional cheesecake recipes, but those ingredients help give it its unique texture. You definitely have to try it!
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cheesecake: Once you’ve mastered a good New York-style cheesecake, it’s time to try some flavor variations. If peanut butter and chocolate are your jam – then move this recipe up on the must-try list.
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake: You may think of apples as a fall “thing,” – but apples are delicious year-round – especially in this Caramel Apple Cheesecake. You’ll love how all of the flavors come together, and the chopped pecans add some crunch!
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake: Do you or does someone in your house love chocolate chip cookies AND cheesecake? Then make this! With a cookie dough crust and chunks of cookie dough all throughout the cheesecake filling, and let’s not forget the cookies on top – you’ll be nuts for this cheesecake.
- Pecan Pie Cheesecake: If pecan pie and cheesecake had a baby – then it would be this Pecan Pie Cheesecake. All the gooey goodness you love in a pecan pie on top of a smooth and rich cheesecake. It takes a little over 5 hours from “start to eating,” – but it’s worth it.
- Baileys Cheesecake: Looking to make a grown-up dessert? Love the flavor of Baileys? Then you’re going to enjoy the subtle flavor that Baileys adds to this dessert.
- Oreo Cheesecake: Oreo cookies, creamy cheesecake filling, and chocolate ganache are going to make you fall in love with this Oreo Cheesecake!
- Layered Mocha Cheesecake: Chocolate and coffee are another dynamic flavor combination, and this cheesecake has both of those! It’s a layered cheesecake – and when you cut it – it makes for a striking appearance.
- White Chocolate Cheesecake: This cheesecake has that melt-in-your-mouth texture that you love, and the flavor of white chocolate is a nice change from traditional milk chocolate or dark chocolate cheesecake. And fresh raspberries are ideal for topping this dessert!
Raise your hand if you’re ready to make a cheesecake! Whether you try a traditional one, the Japanese-style, or a no-bake version, you can soon be enjoying a slice of this decadent and dreamy dessert!