Most Important Apartment Amenities to Look For
Looking for a new place to live is fun and full of potential. While you are dreaming up the perfect home decor to fit in the space, make sure to think about some of the practicalities of day-to-day living. If the apartment doesn’t meet the necessary standards that you need to have a comfortable life, then it may be time to look elsewhere. Here the top five necessities that every apartment hunter should have on their list.
- Laundry: A universal top priority in apartment living is in-unit washer and dryer units – that’s why Barclay Chase provides each unit with a washer and dryer. If you have small children or pets, an in-home washer-dryer unit is absolutely necessary. Many times, it seems as if every day is laundry day. It’s beyond inconvenient to transport all of your loads of laundry to community units that are coin operated. It gets expensive and annoying very quickly. Save yourself the constant trips up and down the stairs, and find a place that has both the washer and the dryer tucked away in the privacy of your own apartment space.
- Kitchen Appliances: The kitchen is one of the most used spaces in your luxury apartment. Make sure it is decked out with the most efficient and up-to-date appliances. The number one appliance that you need to have is a dishwasher. Of course you’ll need an over and a refrigerator, but those things are standard nowadays. Not having a dishwasher is a major chore and a time-suck to your day. It’s even better if you can find a place with modern, stainless steel appliances that clean fast and quiet, like the ones at Barclay Chase.
- Parking: No matter where you go, parking is always a big deal. It can be impossible to find a decent parking lot that you trust leaving your car in. One of the main things that you want to find in an apartment is a well lit and well-maintained parking lot. You should look for a place that offers ample parking options for everyone in your home. Better yet, go for personal parking garages because they offer privacy and security unlike any other. You won’t have to worry about brushing your windshield off when it snows, and all of your personal belonging will be out of sight for any would-be car-burglars. An added bonus is using it as part of your storage space as well.
- Closet Space: One of the most coveted and sought after things for renters is the closet space. Storage space always seems to be in short supply when you are living in apartments. You need to fit decorations, winter blankets, extra linens, and of course all of your clothes in the closets. Space becomes tighter than you expect when you start putting things away. Make large closets a main priority while you are apartment shopping.
- Elevators: No one wants to walk up three flights of stairs with groceries. It’s even more difficult when you have kids in tow. Make elevators a mandatory necessity on your list while you are looking for apartments. Stairs are an excellent form of exercise, but it’s better when it is an option; especially if you are living with someone who is elderly or has limited mobility. Elevators are a must.
It can be difficult to find a place that has all of the things that you want and all of the things that you need in an apartment. That’s why Barclay Chase is one of a kind, because it hits every item on this list. The beautiful countertops and cozy balconies are an added bonus. Find what the most important apartment and community features are to you, but don’t sacrifice these top five must-have amenities.