Clear Your Clutter With This Plan
Are you feeling buried by all of your stuff? Do you feel like you’re constantly tidying up, and it’s never enough? If so, welcome to the club! Anyone who has ever lived in any type of space knows that clutter accumulates over time. It can be tough to keep on top of it, but there are ways to make the process a little easier. Here are some tips for decluttering your home in less than a month. Are you ready? Let’s get started!
- Day One: Pick one room to focus on. This might be the room that you spend the most time in or the one that is most cluttered. Once you’ve chosen your room, set a timer for 15 minutes and start decluttering! Don’t worry about putting everything away perfectly; just focus on getting rid of anything that you don’t need or use.
- Day Two: Today, your task is to declutter for 20 minutes. You will do this in the same room as yesterday. Remember to focus on getting rid of anything that doesn’t bring you joy or serve a purpose.
- Day Three: For day three, set a timer for 25 minutes and continue decluttering your home. Once again, stick with the same room.
- Day Four: Today, you will organize the room you’ve been working in. All of the items you’ve decided to keep now need a home. Think about the space you have to work with. Do things need to be folded and just gently placed in a closet? Do you need additional storage bins to help contain what you are keeping? (Remember: Your local dollar store is great for inexpensive storage solutions.)
- Days Five-Eight: Repeat days one through four – but this time in a new room!
- Day Nine: For day nine, take a break from decluttering and focus on cleaning instead. Do a deep cleaning of the two rooms you have already decluttered.
- Days Ten-Thirteen: Repeat days one through four in another room. If you’ve already done your bedroom and the bathroom – maybe it’s time to move to the kitchen.
- Days Fourteen-Seventeen: Repeat days one through four in another room – and celebrate that you are on the 4th room in your home for decluttering! That’s quite an accomplishment!
- Day Eighteen: This is your cleaning day! Clean through the last two rooms you’ve decluttered!
If you have additional rooms that still need to be decluttered – go back to days one through four and start the process again. Do this until every room in your home has been decluttered, organized, and cleaned!
Additional Tips to Help You:
- Get the whole family involved: Decluttering can be a daunting task, but it’s much easier when everyone pitches in. Assign each family member a few tasks to help lighten the load.
- Be ruthless: When in doubt, throw it out! If you haven’t used something in the past year, chances are you won’t use it again.
- Create a “donation” pile: As you’re decluttering, designate a spot for items that you no longer need but are still in good condition. This way, you can easily donate them to charity or someone who may need them more than you do.
- Don’t wait to get started: While decluttering is not a task that most look forward to, it’s definitely not one you want to put off.
Decluttering your home can be a daunting task, but it is definitely worth the effort. Follow this schedule to make the process a little bit easier, and you’ll be on your way to enjoying a decluttered home in no time!