Interior Design Trends That Are In and Out
Knowing what’s hot and what’s not when it comes to interior design can be hard to keep up with. Design trends change rapidly, but if you’re looking for interior design inspiration, you’ve come to the right place. Let’s take a look at what’s in and what’s out so that if you’re thinking about redecorating your home, you can grab some ideas and get started.
- Maximalism: One of the biggest trends in home décor right now is maximalism. This trend is all about embracing excess and opulence. If you’re looking to make a statement with your décor, then maximalism is the way to go. Rich colors, bold patterns, and luxurious materials are all key elements of this style.
- Natural materials: Another trend that is popular right now is using natural materials. This can include anything from wood furnishings to stone accents. Using natural materials in your home décor can help create a warm and inviting space. If you’re looking to add some natural elements to your home, consider using wood furniture or accents, stone fireplace surrounds, or even adding a small water feature on a coffee table.
- Cool blues: Cool blues are also popular right now in home décor. This color palette is perfect for creating a calm and relaxing environment. If you’re looking to add some cool blue hues to your home, consider using paint, fabrics, or even accessories in various shades.
- Plants: Lots of plants is a trend for 2022. This is a great way to add some life to your home décor. Plants can help purify the air, improve your mood, and even boost your productivity. If you’re looking to add some plants to your home, consider using potted plants, hanging plants, or even succulents.
- Rooms that serve multiple purposes: It used to be that each room had a singular, designated purpose, but nowadays, people are looking to maximize the space they have. You may have a home office that is also a craft room. Perhaps you’ve added a desk to the kitchen area. Getting the most out of your home is where it’s at now.
- All-white/monochromatic color schemes: All-white/monochromatic décor is on its way out. While it was once very popular, people are now embracing color. If your home is decorated with all white furniture and walls, it’s time to make a change.
- Matchy-matchy everything: Another trend that was once popular but is no longer in style is matchy-matchy everything. This includes matching your furniture, walls, carpets, and even your accessories. Everything should coordinate, but it doesn’t all have to match perfectly.
- Wallpaper borders: Wallpaper borders are another trend that is no longer popular. If you have wallpaper borders in your home, you may want to remove them or replace them with something else.
- Minimalism: Minimalism is a trend that has been around for a while, but it’s no longer as popular as it once was. If you’re decorating your home in a minimalistic style, you may want to consider changing things up.
- Word art: All of those cute word signs and wall stickers are out, according to designers these days.
- Farmhouse: What was once the rage is now diminishing in popularity. If you have a home filled with farmhouse decor, think about interspersing another design style to break it up.
These are just a few of the many interior design trends that are in and out at the moment. But as with all trends, they’re sure to come back into style at some point in the future – so if you like your style, keep it! And if you’re ready for a change – then consider some of these things!