Upcoming Races Near the Princeton Area
As the new year is coming around, find some new things to look forward to in 2019. There are races all year round right here in the Princeton area. Start preparing today by saving up some cash and getting some practice miles in. It’s a great way to stay motivated about your fitness routine. You’ll have more motivation to run knowing that you’ll be supporting good causes.
- Cupid’s Chase: Feb 9, 2019 from Community Options. Run in the 30th anniversary of a 5K that goes to support people with disabilities. You can run, walk, or even bring a stroller. Anyone and everyone is encouraged to come out and join in on the fun run. It’s for a good cause and gets the community moving. Ask your friends and family to donate to support your run!
- Institute Woods 6K: April 13, 2019 from Princeton Friends School. Only 200 participants are able to compete in the race. It’s a fundraiser to maintain the beauty of the Institute Woods. You’ll race through the beautifully wooded areas on the trails and off the pavement. Keep Princeton beautiful by preserving its woods and history.
- Princeton Family YMCA: June 2, 2019 10K/5K/1M/Kids Run. It’s $15 for the fun run, and $30 for either the 5K or the 10K. It’s a fun and easy course for a fun competition. This race is an official course with the USATF, which means that if you finish within a specific time, you are eligible for future competitive races. The top men and women in their age categories have the opportunity to win a Visa gift card.
- HomeFront’s Rock & Roll for Hope: June 9, 2019 5K/1M/Kids Run. Keep your eye on this one, because it is subject to change. The prices range between $30-$20 depending on the distance that you choose to run. You are able to walk, but it will be an officially timed race regardless of your speed. Create a group to make the run more interesting. Dress up together and cheer each other on as you keep moving. Running is more fun with a good group of friends to keep you motivated.
- Team Parkinson’s Run: Sept 21, 2019 5K/1M Fun Run at Carnegie Center. Go ahead and save the date for this race. It’s going to be the perfect time of year for a distance run. It’s right when the weather starts to cool off and the trees begin to change. Your proceeds made during this run will go to support research for Parkinson’s Disease. It’s a debilitating disease that affects the nervous system and limits control over the body.
Keep moving and benefit local and national fundraisers. Every little bit of added funds will go to keep your city beautiful. You can also have opportunities to win cash prizes and qualify for exclusive race categories. Be part of the change that you want to see in your community, while you stay fit. Encourage your friends and family to join in to make it a fun affair for everyone.