Romantic New Jersey Bed and Breakfasts
Are you planning a weekend getaway with someone special? Then you’re in luck because New Jersey has no shortage of places you can head for a romantic getaway. There are lots of great towns you can visit and plenty of accommodations.
And, while you could stay at a hotel, there are some very romantic bed and breakfasts in New Jersey. Not sure where you’d like to go? Then take a look at these!
- The Castle at Skylands – Ringwood, NJ: The Skylands Manor is famous for its weddings, but don’t forget that you can stay here, too. Their rooms are all very romantic, but they do book quickly – so plan ahead. This is a great year-round destination with plenty of outdoor activities to do in the warmer months, and it’s just a short drive to Campgaw Mountain if you like to ski in the winter.
- Main Street Manor – Flemington, NJ: Located in Hunterdon County, Main Street Manor has everything you expect in a bed and breakfast. There are beautifully appointed rooms, a large parlor with a fireplace, a library, a veranda with chairs for sitting, and a delicious breakfast each morning. You can even feel free to bring your own champagne and then stop by the Butler’s Pantry at Main Street Manor to grab some champagne glasses and an ice bucket.
- Whistling Swan Inn – Stanhope, NJ: Whistling Swan Inn bills itself as an inn “where modern luxury meets Victorian elegance,” and if you take a look at the pictures of their beautiful rooms, you will agree. Each morning you can enjoy their breakfast buffet, and if you’re a fan of some of the dishes you eat there, be sure to check their blog. They share the recipes of their popular dishes here so you can make them at home.
- Chestnut Hill – Milford, NJ: Located high on the banks of the Delaware River, this charming bed and breakfast in Milford, New Jersey has several gorgeous rooms for you to choose from. Make a reservation to have dinner at The Milford House, which won the 2015 Zagat Survey for Best Seafood Restaurant in New Jersey. And remember, Chestnut Hill doesn’t accept credit cards – only cash or checks.
- Spring Lake Inn – Spring Lake, NJ: With sixteen different guest rooms and suites, you have lots of wonderful choices for your stay at Spring Lake Inn. Take a look at the special packages they have available, which can include dinner at Whispers, bottles of champagne and strawberries, and in-room massages. Spring Lake Inn can definitely enhance an already romantic setting.
- Widow McCrea House – Frenchtown, NJ: If you’re heading to Hunterdon County to explore the vineyards, why not book a stay at the Widow McCrea House? They have five rooms or suites, plus a family cottage available. Check their website to see what specials they have available and mention them when booking.
- Angel of the Sea – Cape May, NJ: Angel of the Sea is famous in Cape May for its stunning beauty and fantastic service. It’s quite large as far as bed and breakfasts go, with over 20 rooms. They offer a full breakfast each morning, plus several extras like afternoon tea and, and evening wine and cheese. A stay here is definitely special.
- The Gables – Beach Haven, NJ: Searching for gorgeous accommodations and delicious on-site dining? The Gables is the place for you! Please note that they do close for part of the winter (but they are open for Valentine’s Day weekend).
Bed and breakfasts offer a certain charm that a hotel can never provide. The next time you are planning a romantic getaway, maybe you can stay at one of these places for a night or two. They are all beautiful and offer a unique experience for guests.