No-Cook Meals for Hot Nights
After a busy day, what do you want to do when you get home? Probably not cook – especially in the summer when it’s hot. Who really wants to turn on the oven? Nobody.
But you’ve got to eat! So what can you make that’s going to satisfy your hunger but not heat up your apartment?
No worries! There are plenty of delicious “no-cook” meals that you’re going to want to make over and over again this summer!
- Shrimp Salad: If you want a dinner that will remind you of being at the ocean – without cooking – then you need to make this Shrimp Salad. It only has seven ingredients, and you can serve it in hot dog buns (which is how it would be done in parts of the Northeast) or on your favorite bun.
- Tomato Club Sandwich: Summer means fresh tomatoes! And if you have friends or family who have an abundance of them in their garden, or you pick some up at the farmers’ market, then give this Tomato Club Sandwich a whirl. It has an Italian twist to it with olive oil, pesto, and mozzarella cheese – in addition to the bacon!
- Chicken Avocado Pita Sandwich: Pita bread is fantastic because you can stuff it with so many different things – like chicken and avocado! This sandwich is super healthy, and you can pick up a rotisserie chicken if you don’t have any leftover chicken in your frig.
- Cherry Chicken Croissants
- How about making a chicken salad that’s more than just chicken and celery? This one has cherries, grapes, walnuts, and crumbled bacon – and it’s amazing! You can serve it on some fresh bread from your local bakery or pick up some croissants.
- Ultimate Gazpacho: Cookie + Kate brings you this classic gazpacho recipe. Pulse ripe red tomatoes, sweet yellow onion, cucumber, red bell pepper, fresh basil, garlic, olive oil, and sherry vinegar (or red wine vinegar) through your blender and then chill it. It’s a wonderful cold soup – with absolutely no cooking – for the summer months.
- Ceviche: This Peruvian dish is made from raw fresh seafood or shrimp that is marinated in citrus juices – which cures the seafood. You can serve it with tortilla chips or on tostada shells – or just eat it by the forkful!
- Cobb Salad: The Brown Derby first made the Cobb Salad in 1937, and it continues to be popular today. It’s filled with all sorts of good things – chicken, bacon, eggs, avocado, blue cheese, and more – which makes it extremely delicious! Give the homemade dressing a try, too!
- Fresh Spring Rolls: These Fresh Spring Rolls are awesome – and there’s no cooking at all. Filled with all sorts of fresh ingredients and dipped in a peanut sauce – you’ll have a hard time not eating more than your fair share.
- Poke Bowl: Poke bowls are all the rage right now, and poke restaurants are popping up all over the place. Everyone loves that they are customizable and contain super fresh ingredients. You’ll have fun making this recipe at home – and letting everyone choose their own ingredients.
- Caesar Salad: Here’s another delicious salad – the classic Caesar Salad! This one has homemade croutons and a delicious dressing – and you can easily add cooked chicken or shrimp if you’d like a protein with your dinner.
- Crunch Mandarin Orange-Chicken Salad: This recipe has everything you want in a salad! It’s sweet, savory, and crunchy! Plus, it comes together fast – which means it will be on your dining table in no time!
- Antipasto Chickpea Salad: If you love antipasto, then you’ve got to try this recipe. It has so many delicious ingredients and a dressing that beats any bottled version you can find!
When the days get hot, don’t turn on the oven for dinner! Instead, try one of these recipes.