Next Level Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
What’s your favorite sandwich? Do you love a good roast beef sandwich from a local deli? Is a classic peanut butter and jelly at the top of your list? How about tuna on rye bread?
While those are good, not everyone is a fan of them. But if you want a sandwich that almost everyone loves, then you’ve got to go with the grilled cheese. You have to admit that gooey cheese sandwiched between two grilled pieces of bread is pretty darn good.
There are all sorts of variations on the grilled cheese. You can choose different breads, different cheeses, or even whether you want to slather your bread with butter or mayonnaise. (If you’ve never used mayonnaise on your grilled cheese, give it a try!)
And there are all sorts of ways to take your grilled cheese to the next level. Here are just a few recipes to help inspire you!
- Croque Monsieur: This is the French version of a grilled ham and cheese, but it is definitely next level with the addition of a bechamel sauce. Take the time to make the bechamel sauce – it’s worth it!
- Croque Madame: Here’s another French classic, and the delicious addition here is a fried egg. The egg makes this grilled ham and cheese perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- Monte Cristo: Yes, a Monte Cristo is certainly a kicked-up version of a grilled cheese. Essentially, you have French toast sandwiching your grilled ham and cheese, and then you dust the whole thing with powdered sugar. Serve it with your favorite sweet jam or a bit of Maple syrup for dipping.
- Bacon and Tomato Grilled Cheese: Pick up some ripe tomatoes and cook off some bacon and then make this fantastic sandwich. It’s simple but full of flavor!
- Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese: Jalapeno poppers are a favorite snack food at most bars and pubs, but you can have those flavors at home when you make this recipe. It’s creamy, spicy, and may become your new favorite!
- Mexican Fajita Grilled Cheese: Want to feel good about the grilled cheese you’re eating? Then check out this recipe. It’s full of sauteed vegetables that are seasoned with some typical spices found in fajitas. And if you have a little leftover steak or chicken – you could always add that, too!
- Avocado Grilled Cheese: Raise your hand if you love avocados! YUM! But have you ever thought to put them on a grilled cheese? Well, you should! This recipe has you making a delicious avocado spread for your sandwich – and it’s fabulous!
- Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwich: Who doesn’t like Buffalo chicken wings? Or Buffalo chicken dip? If you do, then this sandwich will become a staple at your house. It has all the flavors you love from the beloved bar snack, but without the messy hands!
- Loaded Caprese Grilled Cheese: Caprese salads are a popular Italian dish, and this sandwich capitalizes on those flavors. With pesto, mozzarella cheese, and garlic butter tomato sauce, you’ll become a fan of this sandwich.
- Pizza Grilled Cheese: Want to see some smiling faces on your children? Then try this Pizza Grilled Cheese! It has pizza flavors (including the pepperoni) in an easy to eat sandwich! Perfect as an after school snack or a yummy lunch!
A good grilled cheese can be two slices of bread, your favorite cheese, and a slather of butter – or you can go to the next level with one of these recipes! Which one are you ready to try?