9 Podcasts for Your Listening Pleasure
Are you a fan of podcasts? Do you listen to your favorites all the time? Or are you new to the world of podcasts and looking for a good one to start you out? Whether you are a devoted listener or want to see what all the hype is about when it comes to these digital audio series, there are lots of excellent ones for your listening pleasure. Here are a few you may know or want to check out!
- Spectacular Failures: If you want to start your day off exploring the world of epic failures in the business world, then you need to listen to “Spectacular Failures.” Lauren Ober takes a look at many companies that you are familiar with and what led to their implosion. You’ll laugh, listening about boardroom fights, family squabbles, and bad ideas that just couldn’t be stopped.
- Conan O’Brien Needs a Friend: Conan started this podcast to do just that – find a friend. Because he’s been around celebrities most of his career and seems to like them, he invites them on his podcast to see if they might be compatible as friends. You’ll love the great conversations he has with his famous guests, like Michelle Obama, Tina Fey, and many more.
- You’re Wrong About…: If you follow the news, you may think you are pretty well-informed about the people you read about. This podcast takes some popular news stories and has you look at them from a different point of view. They tackle O.J. Simpson, Yoko Ono, Tonya Harding, and more.
- Gossipmongers: Small town rumors and urban legends come to life in this podcast. Listeners submit all sorts of crazy nonsense about their hometowns, and the hosts, Joe Wilkinson, David Earl, and Poppy Hillstead, read them aloud to discuss. Some are completely wild and nonsensical, while others seem plausible and will have you wondering if it just might be true.
- Decoder Ring: Decoder Ring takes a look at topics you may or may not have thought about – but you’ll definitely be interested in them. Willa Paskin is the host of this podcast, and she chooses some fantastic subjects like Bart Simpson, gender reveal parties and Chuck E. Cheese. Who knew you could do a podcast about Chuck E. Cheese?
- My Favorite Murder: Are you looking for a podcast that combines true crime with comedy? Then this is the one for you! Georgia and Karen are the hosts, and they discuss true crime stories you’ve heard of – and some you haven’t – and mix in a lot of humor along the way.
- The Moth: If you are a fan of storytelling, then The Moth is a fantastic podcast. Storytellers – both professional and everyday people – tell stories in front of strangers. They don’t use notes, and you get an extremely personal look into people’s lives with their tales.
- Stuff You Should Know: The title of this podcast says it all. If Josh and Chuck, your hosts, think you should know about it – then it’s on their podcast. They’ve covered Bitcoin, Andre the Giant, gin, Niagara Falls, and much more. This podcast is both informative and interesting.
- Armchair Expert: If you love Dax Shepherd, then take a listen to his podcast. He spends his time interviewing people you know and love, like Sam Elliot, Keri Russell, and Edward Norton – and hopes to give you a more personal, in-depth look at them as humans – not just famous people.
Which podcasts do you love? Did your favorite make the list? Now’s the time to download a few episodes and take a listen. Podcasts are a great way to broaden your horizons, have a laugh, or learn something new!