15 Pies You Must Try
There are two types of people in this world: Cake People and Pie People. Okay – there might be a third type in those who happily say, “Yes!” to both of those things.
If you’re a pie person – or a “both person” – then you’re in luck – because today it’s all about pies!
No matter what kind of pie you like, from fruit to cream – there’s a pie for you on this list!
- Apple Pie Recipe with the Best Filling: Everyone needs a fantastic apple pie recipe, and this one from Natasha’s Kitchen is just that! You’ll love the apple filling (be sure to read the apples that she recommends), and you’ll find that making a homemade crust is not that hard.
- Cinnamon Pie: This is a completely unique pie – and once you make it, you’ll make it over and over again. It has a creamy filling made from cream cheese, eggs, and heavy cream – and it truly tastes like fall.
- Cherry Pie: Cherry pie may be a classic summertime dessert, but there’s no reason to limit it to just that time of year. Tastes Better From Scratch shares her tips on making this pie with fresh cherries or canned cherries – and you’ll love both versions.
- Triple Berry Pie: Raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries are the three berries in this Triple Berry Pie. The lemon juice adds just a little brightness, and the cornstarch will help thicken your filling. Serve it with some homemade vanilla ice cream, and you’ve got a winner!
- Georgia Peach Pie: The fresh peach pie filling is so yummy that you’ll have to refrain from eating it off of a spoon. And yes, go for the fresh Bourbon Whipped Cream on top! You won’t be sorry.
- The Great Pumpkin Pie Recipe: Fall is here, and that means it’s time for all things pumpkin – and that includes pie! You’re going to love how perfectly spiced this recipe is with cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves – and a smidge of black pepper.
- Original Toll House Pie: What would you think about a pie that tastes like a giant chocolate chip cookie? If you’re nodding your head up and down – then you need to make this. It’s really simple and tastes like a million bucks.
- French Silk Pie: Do you want a chocolate pie that is creamy and decadent? Then French Silk Pie is the one. This pie is going to be a hit with anyone who tries it!
- Peanut Butter Pie: If you love the combination of peanut butter and chocolate, then look no further. This Peanut Butter Pie brings that classic combination together, and it’s amazing.
- Coconut Cream Pie: Coconut Cream Pie is a diner classic, but you can make it at home and enjoy all of the great “coconutty” flavor! Be sure you toast some coconut for the top!
- Old-Fashioned Banana Cream Pie: Here’s another old-fashioned pie that deserves some attention because it’s really good! And this recipe doesn’t have pudding mix or Cool Whip – it’s all homemade.
- Milk Bar Crack Pie: Renowned baker, Christina Tosi, made this pie famous. It has an oatmeal cookie crust and a gooey filling that’s practically irresistible.
- Best Key Lime Pie: This pie is sweet, tart, and easy to make! And who doesn’t like a graham cracker crust?
- Lemon Chiffon Pie: Here’s another fantastic citrus-based pie on a graham cracker crust. It’s so light and makes for a wonderful dessert at the end of a heavier meal.
- Pecan Pie: Don’t wait for Thanksgiving to make Pecan Pie! It’s a super easy pie to make and can be topped with ice cream or whipped cream – depending on which you prefer.
If you’re ready to get in the kitchen and try your hand at making a pie – then give one of these 15 recipes a try. They’re all delicious, and everyone will be thrilled to have a slice when it’s time for dessert.