10 Holiday Cocktails
Thanksgiving may be over, but that only means the holidays are just starting to come into full swing. With Hanukkah, Christmas, and New Year’s Eve and Day not too far off in the distance, you may see that your social calendar is filling up. In fact, you may even be hosting some holiday get-togethers or parties during the next few weeks.
As you get ready to host family and friends, you’re probably working on choosing some delicious foods and drinks. If you’re looking to add a fun, seasonal cocktail to your menu – there are lots from which you can choose. Here are ten holiday cocktails that are sure to get you in the holiday spirit.
- White Christmas Martini: While the name alone will get you in the mood for singing Christmas carols, it’s the taste that will have your reliving childhood memories. This three-ingredient drink tastes like a Christmas cookie – with the flavors of Rum Chata and your favorite vanilla vodka.
- Mulled Wine: If you’ve ever visited the Christmas markets in Europe, you know that mulled wine is extremely popular during the holiday season. It’s warm and full of comforting flavors that are perfect for this time of year. This Mulled Wine recipe will have you feeling like you’re at a European Christmas market – right in your own home. Invite some friends over to share a glass or two!
- Holiday Mule: If you’re a fan of the Moscow Mule, then you’re going to love this Holiday Mule. The cranberry juice gives a seasonal twist to this summertime favorite. Be sure to make the sugared cranberries for a festive garnish.
- Peppermint White Russian: Do you love the taste of a candy cane? Then how about making a delicious drink with that same flavor? This Peppermint White Russian is a creamy cocktail that hits the mark on holiday flavors. It would make for a great dessert drink!
- Holiday Punch: Do you hear the word “punch” and automatically think of your grandmother? Don’t let that be the case with this Holiday Punch – unless your grandma loves a yummy drink! This recipe is great if you’re having a big party and you can even make a non-alcoholic version if you’re having kids, too. Be sure to invite your grandma – and ask if you can borrow her punch bowl.
- Easy Cranberry Margarita: Margaritas may seem like a summer drink, but there’s no reason they can’t be served during the holidays – especially when you make Easy Cranberry Margaritas. They’re super simple and super delicious – and the gorgeous red color is spot-on for the season.
- Rudolph’s Tipsy Spritzer: Rudolph’s Tipsy Spritzer is a refreshing cocktail that would be a great addition to a holiday brunch. And who doesn’t love the name?
- Holiday Spiked Eggnog: Eggnog is a seasonal classic, but it’s a drink that everyone seems to make just a bit differently. This recipe suggests using lactose-free eggnog, but you can always just use your favorite brand of eggnog. And the amaretto liqueur is a nice addition.
- Hot Buttered Rum: You’ve probably heard about hot buttered rum during the holidays, but have you ever made it? Try this recipe and learn why this creamy and comforting drink has long been a holiday favorite.
- Gingerbread Martini: A Gingerbread Martini? YUM! This is another cocktail that might make for a fantastic dessert drink! And if you’re looking for gingerbread syrup – you can usually buy it online if you don’t see it in your local grocery store.
Don’t celebrate the holidays this year without adding a festive cocktail to your menu. Your friends and family will love seeing your holiday spirit manifest in these signature drinks.